Follow Me

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young,
but set an example for the believers in speech,
in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:12 NIV


Friday, February 17, 2012

Answer to a Prayer.....

I cried out to the Lord, in desperation - I could no longer take it.....I could not contain my fears,tears,depression,oppression...etc.  For all the stress upon me had finally taken it's toll. 
I cried out to God - I prayed, I cried, I quoted Psalms, I read His word daily - and in a short while...God answered a prayer.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul. Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider AND hear me, O Lord my God. Enlighten my eyes...lest those who trouble me, rejoice when I am moved. BUT - I have trusted in Your mercy, my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me. 

A Cry for Help. 
Psalm 17
Hear a just cause, O Lord, Attend to my cry. Give ear to my prayer which is not from deceitful lips. Let my vindication come from Your presence, Let your eyes look on the things that are upright You have tested my heart, you have visited me in the night. You have examined me and have found nothing of evil. I have puposed that my mouth shall not transgress. Concerning the works of men, By the word of your lips, I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer. Uphold my steps in your paths, that my footsteps may not slip. I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God. Incline your ear to me, and hear my speech. Show your marvelous lovingkindness by your right hand. O You who save those who trust in you...Keep me as the apple of your eye. Hide me from under the shadow of your wings. From the wicked one who opresses me. From my enemies who surround me. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ My Declaration:
I will love You, O Lord. My Strength. The Lord is my Rock and my fortress and my deliverer. My god, my strength in whom I will trust. My sheild and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised. So I shall be saved from my enemies.  

I spoke the Word over my life, and confessed to God that i could no longer take it. I needed a sign, I needed to know that He was listening. 

A Day (1 day) after reading and declaring these Psalms - I had the opportunity to meet with a Prophetess.   Sister Jackson. She prayed with me, and spoke life over me. She prophesied the following:

That God would be giving me great responsibility, and that I should prepare for it.
That my life would be Well & Blessed. 
That I would be a speaker. (what? me? lol)
Would work with children.
That I will travel across the world and even into Europe. 
That I would marry a good-looking husband (yes, I chuckled a little when she told me this, but she said 'Im serious! You will.' She said - Wait on the Lord, because you don't settle for less than God's best).
She said that I would be financially well off. (I literally almost started to cry when she said this)
and that my Hands would be used for great things. 

This was a confirmation to the first prophesy I received from Q - just 2 weeks prior! Praise God. 
This was His sign. To me, this prophesy by Sister Jackson, was a sign that God was there, He was listening, and that things would get better. A revelation in a time of need.

So.  Despite how dim things look, I know God has a plan for my life, and I know that I will be greatly used by Him in great ways.  I'm excited! 
I am a little nervous, because I know God is going to stretch me beyond what I would like - but that is the purpose of being a Christian! To let God use us, to stretch us, to mold us! MAKE YOURSELF UNCOMFORTABLE for Christ. It's not about how comfortable we are with a situation...it is 'Lord, am I doing all that I can for Your glory?'  
AMEN?
AMEN!!!!


:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment